An OPA Centre of Excellence (CoE) provides a structure and framework for education, development and support
of rulebase driven projects using OPA. The CoE supports and validates that standards are followed and that the
CoE team works collaboratively to produce
solutions which maximizes the use of the technology and the capability of the CoE team. The OPA Consulting team can support and help you set-up a CoE quickly by providing guidance on the governance that works best, the project team roles required, the minimum standards needed and the best practices that will develop the CoE into an extremely useful part of your OPA implementation strategy.
A CoE can bring many benefits to your organization and some of these are highlighted below:
1. Rulebases are not developed in isolation and
components are shared and reused.
2. Environments and supporting technologies (i.e. source control, web hosting systems, test environments), are shared and their use maximised leading to reduced costs and implementation time-lines.
3. Training is co-ordinated and shared across the CoE to ensure maximum take-up. Trainers become CoE specialists and can provide more specific knowledge of the use and application of the technology and methods.
4. A staff career structure can be developed to promote staff and improve retention.
5. Common data models are developed which makes future integration and reuse of rulebases possible.
6. A single point of contact for the CoE is developed to liaise and learn from other CoEs, OPA support groups, forums etc.
7. Ability to market internally in order to be able to increase use of the technology and grow rule development practice.
Oracle Consulting has substantial experience designing, developing and
supporting OPA powered solutions globally. In addition, Oracle Consulting
has closely supported
organisations establishing their own CoE by providing the following services:
• Supporting the establishment and framework of the CoE.
• Providing guidance on CoE best practices.
• Seeding the CoE document library with templates.
• Providing guidance on CoE roles and responsibilities.
• Supporting estimation and planning activities.
• Providing experienced training to the CoE team.
• Supporting technical architecture installation and configuration.
• Helping establish day-to-day working practices.
The Oracle Consulting team is focused exclusively on Oracle
Technologies, and we have the
that others turn to for leading practices in Oracle hardware and software implementations. We know how to best optimize your investment in Oracle products and can
provide your business with tightly integrated, comprehensive, superior services throughout your ownership experience.
• SOA COE environment/infrastructure setup
• Services requirements analysis setup (Functional and non-functional)
• SOA Roadmap and project planning
• Staffing plans and organizational models
• Preliminary SOA Governance needs analysis
• Introductory session about SOA discussing benefits for your own organization.
• Highlighting any possible system weaknesses currently impacting your company’s business that can be solved with a typical SOA approach.
• Review of your organization’s possible approach to SOA with reference to your current IT Portfolio, application and server architectures.
• Introduction to the Oracle Unified Method (OUM) SOA Approach and recommendations for migrating to SOA.
• Formal presentation of findings and possible benefits after discussions with your team.
• Knowledge transfer to your team during a review phase and presentation.